At Lauriston School we are committed to ensuring our children understand the importance of being active, having a healthy lifestyle and enjoy sports and games activities.
This money has been used this year to:
- Provide high quality specialist sports coaching in the areas of gymnastics and dance
- Releasing PE Subject Leader to attend courses and training to further develop leadership of sport in school
- Providing a range of extra-curricular sports clubs for all pupils
- Providing interschool competition opportunities for pupils
- Providing additional swimming opportunities for children
- Paying for professional development opportunities for staff in PE and sport
The impact will be measured by skill audits, assessments, analysis of attendance and further measures of success.
Since the Olympics in 2012, the government has provided additional funding of £150 million per annum for academic years to create a 'legacy' and improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. Schools spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport.
Across the Blossom Federation, we are committed to ensuring our children understand the importance of being active, having a healthy lifestyle and enjoy sports and games activities, from our very youngest children to our Y6's.